Selmer Buzztone

HarmRazorback
This post was updated on .

Just noticed that I uploaded the wrong version, which was missing a cut at H7 and Depth 1 should be Depth 3. Sorry about that.

Re: Selmer Buzztone

Nice job, thanks for sharing

Re: Selmer Buzztone

Heath
Holy Syd Barrett!!!

Going in my collection!  Thanks!

Have you tried building this yet?

Re: Selmer Buzztone

HarmRazorback
Yes, I have built this one.

Re: Selmer Buzztone

Heath
What are the values of Q1-Q3?  2N2613?  Any PNP Germs > 120 hfe?

Re: Selmer Buzztone

Re: Selmer Buzztone

HarmRazorback
I used 50 hfe Russian MN39B PNP germs, because I do not have any 2N2613 (as used in the original). So just socket the germs and experiment with different ones. In other builts I have used combinations of different types, because sometimes that sounds better. Even if the schematic specifies only one type.

Re: Selmer Buzztone

HarmRazorback
Yes, spst or spdt with switch 3 not connected.

Actually the switch is used to enable or disable a modification (C4 to Ground) to the original schematic.

Re: Selmer Buzztone

Re: Selmer Buzztone

This circuit is based on the Maestro FZ-1, so selecting transistors should follow similar logic

In fact, I recently got a Maestro FZ-1A, and the transistors are 2N2614 (it sounds really good too). So searching for transistor info on the FZ-1 and FZ-1A should be helpful with this less documented circuit