Serial/Parallel Switch for Blend Pedal

Badseed
Hello,

I've tried to draw a optional Serial/Parallel Footswitch for the Split 'n Blend Pedal.
The problem is that I don't know Jack about electronic...

Here's what I've done:
Serial/Parallele Switch

Do you think it will work?
Have you a better idea for the switch?

Thanks

Re: Serial/Parallel Switch for Blend Pedal

I'm not sure exactly what you want this to do.  The whole point of the split n blend is that you get a clean dry signal in parallel with the effect in the send/return loop and so can mix in the effect and dry signal.  So putting it in series with the effect means you'd just get the effect signal at the output, so instead of making it too complicated you could just switch the wire to Blend 3 to cut the dry.

Re: Serial/Parallel Switch for Blend Pedal

Badseed
Thank you for the answer.

I want the pedal to offer two mode:
1. the parallel mode to mix dry and wet signals (what the pedal normally do)
2. the serial mode to simply get the wet signal (like a true bypass loop pedal)

So the pedal allows me to use an effect normally or to blend it with the dry signal, like the X Blender from Xotic.

Re: Serial/Parallel Switch for Blend Pedal

Right I can visualise what you want to do now, I thought when you said series or parallel you wanted to be able to put the buffers in series with the effect or in parallel rather than just switching it out.  Like with the order switchers for instance.

Your diagram looks pretty good and I think it would work, but my one concern is that the Send will need to be attached to the board no matter what the position of the stomp, and that could give you unpredictable results.

I think I'd actually prefer to simplify it and keep the Input and Send permanently in circuit and just switch the output like this:

Lug numbering:
1---4---7
2---5---8
3---6---9

1 Blend 1
2 Return
3 Out + Sw4
4 Sw3
5 Blend 2
6 Ground
7 Ground
8 LED -
9 No connection

So in one position the Split and Blend will be in circuit with the Return connected to Blend 1, Out to Blend 2 and the LED will be illuminated.  In the other position Return is connected to Out, Blend 2 is grounded and the LED is turned off.  So when the S&B is out of circuit, you will still have a JFET buffer before the effect, but it will have cut the dry path.

The advantages are a 3PDT instead of a 4PDT and I'd prefer a predictable buffer at the beginning of the circuit which should have little or no impact on the sound of the effect, than have unwanted components hanging off the input of the effect in the loop.