Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz

johnk
I hadn't seen a vero of this one anywhere yet but I did find the schematic so I made my own (verified)vero of it and I thought i'd share it with you guys:

I built it and it works exactly like the original, but I wanted to make it a little better so I added a tone control and did a couple of Roger Mayer mods on it:

Re: Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz

GoranP

Cool! I'm not up to the required minimum of owning 25 fuzzes yet so I'm gonna do this one.

Which rotary did you use?

Re: Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz

johnk

Re: Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz

Dave
Nice, thanks John, do you know if the Mayer mods address the low volume problem this pedal is known for?
Thanks
Dave

Re: Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz

johnk
they raise the output a bit but it's still not all that loud at low gain settings.

Re: Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz

johnk
DONE!

Re: Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz

johnk
I just finished tweaking my tweak fuzz. here's the latest layout that, IMO, sounds ALOT better than it was when it was a stock or Roger Mayer modded one, and has more output than both units:

Re: Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz

Vince
Nice one, John. I requested this a while ago as I had an original and miss it. Very underrated pedal. One of my favourites. I like the lack of volume as you can max it and get a different texture but not blow the windows out...

Re: Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz

johnk
for me, its output was just too low.
here's a quick clip of my final incarnation of it with a p bass thru my 2x15 cab:

http://soundcloud.com/johnk_10/tweakfuzz-02

Re: Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz

Vince
Sounding good...