Shin Ei fuzz Wah 8tr

MojoJoeJoe
Hi guys! Another long time reader and first time poster. I was hoping someone would be interested in doing this one. There is a schematic for it via a Google search of the title, as well as gut shots. I'm a big Black Keys fan, and I know Dan just likes to use the fuzz portion of it, so even if one of you could give me a layout that replaces the wah pedal pot with a regular old pentameter, that would be great! Thanks again for so many great layouts!

Re: Shin Ei fuzz Wah 8tr

MojoJoeJoe
*"wah pedal pot"=potentiometer (I briefly lost my mind, and apparently managed to misspell "potentiometer").

Re: Shin Ei fuzz Wah 8tr

There are already layouts here for the fuzz portion. Nobody really seems to actually use the wah on these. I'd say just build the fuzz as a standalone and use whatever wah you like

Search the forum for Univox Superfuzz or Ibanez Standard Fuzz and you'll get what you're looking for. The Ibanez version has a JFET input stage and different pot values. Dan used both versions (as well as the FY-2 which seems to be his main fuzz currently) so decide which one you want

Re: Shin Ei fuzz Wah 8tr

MojoJoeJoe
I had no idea it was the same as the univox! Thank you!