Shoot The Moon LFO?

Kinski
Is there a layout for this anywhere? I've been looking and can't seem to find it.

I'd love to isolate the LFO from the Shoot The Moon tremolo. Depth Speed and Wave. Its so nice sounding, I think it would be great to use on a number of circuits.

Re: Shoot The Moon LFO?

Kinski
Okay, here is a verified adapted solo version of the shoot the moon LFO. Anyone up for doing a layout for this? It's beyond my abilities, sadly.

Re: Shoot The Moon LFO?

hey man,i've actually it done for you, but one question. where is the input and output? i could just be missing them though.

Re: Shoot The Moon LFO?

nocentelli
It's just an LFO: There is no input or output for guitar signal, it just produces a flashing LED where the rate, squareness and intensity of the flashing can be controlled.

Re: Shoot The Moon LFO?

hmmm, i was thinking that this is something to be inserted into a circuit to control the speed and depth of a modulation effect like another trem or phaser.

in any event, here you go.

Re: Shoot The Moon LFO?

Kinski
Thanks so much for this! Really, thank you!

You can use it in a few different ways. Your could replace resistors and pots with an LDR and have it face the LFO LED. Or you could just take the direct voltage feeding the LED and use it with oscillators or voltage inputs. I've been experimenting with 40106 oscillators. Gonna try with using the output voltage of the LFO to power the 40106.

On Dec 16, 2015, at 6:57 PM, rocket88 [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

hmmm, i was thinking that this is something to be inserted into a circuit to control the speed and depth of a modulation effect like another trem or phaser.

in any event, here you go.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Shoot-The-Moon-LFO-tp26570p26646.html
To unsubscribe from Shoot The Moon LFO?, click here.
NAML

Re: Shoot The Moon LFO?

Re: Shoot The Moon LFO?

Kinski
And thanks nocentelli for the schematic! I just noticed now that you made it. Curious about that bias control. I'll most likely set it internally as a trimpot. But I'm interested to see what effect it has.

Re: Shoot The Moon LFO?

kuzieem
Is there 2M2 from speed 2 lug pot? Shouldn't it be 2k2 (as in the schematics above)?

Re: Shoot The Moon LFO?

mercury6
many circuits will desire 5v bias. how can one achieve this. voltage divider?

Re: Shoot The Moon LFO?

If you’re talking about biasing op amps on a unipolar supply etc, yes a voltage divider is commonly used

In the shoot the moon vero, you can see a voltage divider is formed by the 100K resistors at IC1

A pair of equal value resistors are connected in series from the supply voltage to ground. The node where the resistors meet is your vref or 1/2 of the supply voltage

Many ICs like PT2399 have a max voltage of 5V. In that case you do not want the voltage to exceed 5V and it is common to us a 7805 regulator. When choosing a regulator for this type of application you want to be aware of current consumption

Re: Shoot The Moon LFO?

mercury6
thanks a lot man for the reply. I understand lottle about electronics but I have a few mad professor deep blue delay clones that I don't know what to do with and im thinking a dual deep blues delay with tremulus lune lfo