Silvertone 1485/Twin Twelve

Re: Silvertone 1485/Twin Twelve

jaredcohen
oh my god you're right

i don't know what's going on there. i've built this board. it works and sounds great. but it's been 6 years since i drew it and i don't remember what i was thinking. maybe it was a duplicate of the 47u a couple columns over that i forgot to delete, otherwise i have no idea.

i can open up the pedal i built and take a look at the board, when it was fresh in my mind maybe it's actually connected differently from the drawing.

Re: Silvertone 1485/Twin Twelve

Jaysharpwilliams
Ok, cool, thought I was crazy.
I built the layout on the main site and it's super noisy and Im trying to wrap my head around it or built another layout altogether...

Re: Silvertone 1485/Twin Twelve

jaredcohen
Did you box your build yet? I’ve had some builds where the transistors act like antennas when the board’s out in the open. Crazy loud. As soon as I box them they’re quiet. Just a thought.

Re: Silvertone 1485/Twin Twelve

jaredcohen
Sorry I forgot to check, but I finally had a chance to look today. I built this exactly as the image shows. With that capacitor connected to... nothing!

It’s part of the voltage doubling circuit, not the audio path. So I’d just omit it. I’ve played the pedal and nothing’s blown up. If I had to guess, I probably took the doubler circuit from more than one place, and in combining them, I left a phantom capacitor in.
12