Simple Op-Amp Tester

Re: Simple Op-Amp Tester

Ciaran Haslett
There's an application note for using one half of an LM13700 to produce a square wave pulse.  You could probably duplicate the note and stick an LED on the outputs and get a flashing LED status.  I'll breadboard it in the next few days and report back.

Cheers

Re: Simple Op-Amp Tester

tabbycat
thanks again for the layouts, ciaran. just built and tested mine last night and they work great. damn handy little things. have also built the greatly improved fet tester-matcher thing which i am going to work out how to use tonight. it looks useful. i feel like i am entering a phase where rather than just build and hope for the best, i'm better equipped to actully go in deep(er) as to why things that don't work don't. i can do the obvious checking grounding and voltagtes, etc but testing components in isolation, going macro, feels like the next level. i check trannies for hfe and that little effort yields big rewards if applied with purpose.

interesting to hear your thoughts on the chip lighty tester thing. it's still floating around my head. i've got a shoot the moon lfo isolated on a daughterboard so i might try setting that up running then removing the chip and jamming things into the sockets to see if i can get leds to light. i suppose there are so many variations and purposes for basic opamps that a one-stop shop would be impossible. but for something totally ubiquitous to diy building (and often fallible) like a pt2399, there are fewer acceptable variables in value tolerances than an opamp.

leds lighting up are simple pleasures aren't they. maybe i'm a bit simple but just seeing them glowing is always nice i think. the red 5mm ones are my favourites. like staring at embers.
12