Smallsound / Bigsound Mini

anders
This post was updated on .
Request

Great sounding overdrive from Brian at Smallsound Bigsound. A schematic was posted by the man himself at FSB a couple a days ago. Unverified at the moment, I will give it a crack when I get back from work in a couple of days.

Re: Smallsound / Bigsound Mini

anders
And here is the schematic for reference

Re: Smallsound / Bigsound Mini

Hozy31
Verified! Really good overdrive this. Thanks for the layout Anders and Brian for the Schematic.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Smallsound / Bigsound Mini

Kinski
What did you bias the 5457s to? The usual 4.5v?

Yeh, the usual 4.5v.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Smallsound / Bigsound Mini

anders
Awesome! can't wait to build this!

Re: Smallsound / Bigsound Mini

notnews
amazing. this thread and what's happening inside it is a great example of why this forum and the people here are so amazing.. a schematic in the requests section became an unverified layout here in less than two days, with people already verifying the circuit. This is an amazing place, thank you all.

Question... if the MINI and the FUCK are closely related, could this schematic provide deeper insight into the FUCK schematic? If anyone has this on breadboard and it up for some tweaking, read up on the discussions in the FUCK thread that were tying together the env follower/jfet mis-biasing/etc from the Barbershop and Quack circuits... I'd be interested to hear how the MINI would sound if you toyed around with it in the vein of the FUCK. I'm on vaca this week but I'm so excited to build this when I'm back. I used to own a FUCK before it was destroyed, I hope this fills the huge void the fuck left.
KT

Re: Smallsound / Bigsound Mini

KT
tabby cat had a nice post about the F*
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=21845&start=20#p259055
For me this punisher circuit worked very good.