Snow Day = Pedal Day

Madferret
So I woke up this morning to see about 2 inches of snow covering the ground which is not really that bad, but seeing as this is England and we seems to have a total inability to cope with any type of bad weather, the police have decided to close the only two roads between Manchester and Doncaster where I'm meant to be working today.  I was pretty bummed out about this until I got a knock at the door and these arrived:

Things are looking up already :D

Now, what do I build first?  Hmmm, suggestions?

Re: Snow Day = Pedal Day

Heath
Lucky you.  It was nearly 80 degrees (26-ish Celsius) here yesterday.  Might sound nice to some, but it actually sucks.  Hot, humid, and annoying.  I want WINTER, dammit!

Re: Snow Day = Pedal Day

Anything unverified

Re: Snow Day = Pedal Day

Madferret
Actually the smaller of the packets was some fancy ass carbon comp resistors for a little experiment to see if mojo parts really do make a difference, so I've built up two Emerson Em-Drive's one with standard metal film resistors and polybox caps and another with Carbon Comps and Paper in Oil caps.  I socketed the transistor and used the same one for both to eliminate differences there and used the same pots for both boards.  Cost of the standard build: £0.25, cost of the mojo build: £7.28.  Verdict: Not worth it for this circuit.  If anything I've learnt that I don't really like this pedal that much, there are other pedals out there that do similar things better, as for the sound differences there probably wasn't anything that couldn't be explained by tolerance differences.  The mojo version had more gain and a slightly warmer sound, the downside of this is that at louder volumes it just sounded muddy.  The caps were the main cost so I may use high quality resistors again if I'm doing something special for a friend but in terms of doing a standard build I think I'll be sticking to metal film and polyboxes.

Now back to those unverified layouts