So i want to mod this buzzaround....

Sensei Tim
Got a request from someone to build a buzzaround clone, but add some bass boost and mid boost switches..

I was looking at the buzzaround

and the DAM buzzotron

from the comments, the DAM hsa more bass and gain.. most of the components are the same up until Q2... then the electros are a bit different and the 1n and 100n caps in the buzzaround are 4n7 and 220n on the DAM (responsible for the extra bass? or is it the 4u7 -> 2u2 to sustain 3? or both?)

What would be the easiest way to add those two boost switches. I assume it'll just be a simple resistor and capacitor swap to move the center frequencies?  I'm just not sure which ones or what some suggested values should be?

thanks

Re: So i want to mod this buzzaround....

The tone control in this is primitive. It literally just pans between two different output caps. So you're not going to be able to mod it the way you could mod a big muff tone stack

In the stock Buzzaround, the 1n cap sounds very thin at the brightest setting of the timbre pot (full ccw), so dam increased it to 4n7. Through my own experimentation, I also like 4n7 here. It can get you a bright buzzy lean fuzz tone but it's a little more full and less harsh.

The 220n instead of the 100n is going to give you more bass than stock as you increase the timbre control cw

It's worth noting that if you put these caps on a switch, the switches will have no effect at certain parts of the timbre control sweep. For example if the timbre control is fully ccw then switching the 100n/220n will have no effect.

Likewise if the timbre control is full cw, switching the 1n/4n7 will have no effect.

The 2u2 instead of the 5uf should just tighten up the bass very slightly before it hits Q3 (the distortion stage)