So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

Gainiac
 I used to check this site weekly and oftentimes there was something new to build every time.  I'm curious as to why the layouts suddenly stopped as of October last year?  I sincerely hope everythings ok with Lvlark (I assume he runs this site?).  If it's a problem with time to do layouts I'm willing to help with a couple, let me know!

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

Nothing is wrong, all the admins are still present. Life has been a little more hectic, so we haven’t pumped our layouts like we used too. Plus, many of the recent requests have been taken care of with such speed from community members, that we don’t have time to post a layout and there’s no reason to post a layout for something that’s been done.

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

andrea83
I was asking myself the same question. But why don't you post the layouts done by community members anyway? It's a lot easier to look for layouts on the main page and it would make the website even richer. Thanks anyway for your work!

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

There’s a whole section for layouts from community members. Only those done by admins are posted to the main page.

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

Marbles
Not to be a smart ass or anything, you don't have to answer, but what is exactly the reason for that? It is sometimes a bit hard to sift through all the topics, and if you are looking for a specific layout, the search function gives back every answer in topics that have the specific pedal in the title.

Not a big deal of course, just curious.

I understand you don't want everyone to post layouts (that would get messy real quick), but maybe the verified layouts in the forum could be posted by an admin and credits given to the original poster (if they would be ok with that)?

I understand life gets hectic, and of course everyone is grateful for all the hard work you all (voluntarily!) do. And to be honest, this forum has so many great layouts, you wonder how much there all actually left that are not a carbon copy of others right?

But I do admit I always got excited when a new layout was posted on the main page.

Hope everything is ok in a good hectic way!

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

Gainiac
Well first off, glad to hear everyone is still around and doing ok.  With that said, I have to put it out there that I'm fairly certain there are plenty of people completely oblivious to the forum, requests, contributions, etc.  I speak from my own experience, been visiting this site for 4+ years and have built over 100 effects using nothing but the publicly posted layouts!

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

Frank_NH
For all of us "regulars" who visit both the main page and the forum, it's not a big deal to search either the main page or forum contributions for a specific pedal vero layout.  But given what has happened recently to the FSB (which, like it or not, is/was a treasure trove of information on pedal electronics) it would be great if someone could create a searchable archive of projects, focusing on the ones which are both popular and verified (yes, there are a number projects on the main page which have not been verified or don't work as intended).  I've thought about putting together an e-book with all of my favorite project layouts along with schematics, but it's a daunting task.  Fortunately, I have a lot of information already archived on a thumb drive and will attempt to organize that at some point.

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

Pavlos
I agree with FrankNH that searching both the main page and the forum is not much of a chore, and to be honest, I've stumbled on all sorts of useful and unexpected info that way so at least for me, it has it's own merits.

On a positive note, FSB is back up (Thanks for the post Hozy) and looks intact

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

Gainiac
I have to be honest, instead of letting the website fall aside because admins are to busy would it not make more sense just to add a few more admins that have the time to keep the site current and active?  Doesn't the site generate any revenue, I'd think someone would be interested in keeping such a well indexed website up and running.....

This seems like a simple problem/solution.  Current admins obviously aren't interested in posting new layouts so get some new admins, it sounds like there are plenty of people willing to help.

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

So the website is falling aside since we admins aren’t posting layouts currently? That is the biggest crock I’ve ever heard. The simple fact that there is significantly more activity within the forum shows that it’s thriving better than ever. We do not make a penny from the site, never have, never will. There is no problem to solve.

To be fairly clear and blunt, the main page will only have admin designed layouts, the forum has a place for community member designed layouts, that will not change. I’m getting kinda tired of this mindset. If you have an issue with how we run the site you’re you’re than welcome to go elsewhere.

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

andrea83
I didn't mean in any way to create problems, sorry with that! It was just an idea, nothing more!
I really love the website and I'm really really grateful to you guys!

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

Andrea that was really directed at gainiac, who all 4 of his posts criticize the site and hasn’t really contributed. Believe me I understand that not seeing posts on the main page may seem like we, the admins, aren’t as a active, but we are here all the time and haven’t left. The issue I had was where the post went, not how it started. It became a critique of how it’s being run, and the idea of money, etc. which is completely inappropriate. You wouldn’t go into someone’s house and tell them how they have their house setup is wrong, then tell them how they should place things, know what I mean?

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

GrooveChampion
So there's been a bit of drought? So? This place is just as alive as it was always, Just check out the forums.

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

Been a while since I’ve seen anything new that looks interesting to build anyway

If there’s anything worth building and it isn’t on this site, the schematic probably doesn’t exist

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

Marbles
I was just wondering what the reason was that some of the layouts stayed in the forum, that's all. Did not mean to tell anyone what to do. I know that the forum is very active, someone like Anders is posting lots of layouts.

No criticism, just wondering why those layouts have to stay there, and others can be posted here. That's probably just my need to categorize things and understand why they are the way they are.

The only reason I asked, is because for me personally, it's way easier to build something from a layout on the mainpage (seeing all the comments without paging, knowing that the top one is the most current one always), since the forum messes up all the layouts by introducing horizontal scrollbars if other images are inserted. On top of that, I usually google the name of the pedal + vero to land on this site. The results will show layouts on the mainpage, but not the forum. Therefore, for my personal workflow, it's much easier to work from the mainpage. Therefore my question was: Why not post verified layouts in the forum on the mainpage.

But by no means am I expecting anyone to cater to my personal wishes, cause no one owes me anything. If anything , I owe you guys. I thought it would be at least worth asking. Reading the reactions I see there's a very clear decision being made about how and who posts where, and I can of course only respect that. Did not mean to step on any toes, and if I did, apologies.

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

I feel like it is a huge undertaking to repost every layout from the forum and get permission/give credit to the poster and give a short write up etc

I would love to say let’s make a section where people post layouts that they want to see on the main page, but I can tell you for sure I won’t have time to stay on top of this.

Ultimately with the way the site is configured it really is easiest to just search the main page and the forum. This is called DIY, not let somebody on the internet do everything for you. Let’s never forget that. If you are a fan of the site we have always encouraged people to check out the forum as well, which is equally free to all. Not to sound like a total ass but if it’s difficult to search two pages then this may not be the right hobby.

And really it’s up to me at all, this is Mark’s site

Also just want to say that this is not an attack towards Marbles or any other members, just my opinion

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

Pavlos
A whopping 1073 verfied layouts on the main page!!!! yes that is over 1000 verified layouts! even more in the forum (How there could possibly be more than one hundered is enough to make my head spin)

An active forum full of people asking for, and receiving advice and help

Personally I don't see a problem? So it's a bit quiet on the main page at the moment, not as though there isn't enough there already to keep us all occupied for quite a long time, and that's before having a go at our own mods and tweaks!

I for one am very grateful to Mark, the admins both past and present, and the regular contributors for this site even existing from one day to the next, you're doing a great job and and long may it continue

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

Again, I don't think it matters too much where something is posted.  I'm just happy we have a one stop place for vero layouts, project ideas, and information.

DIYstompboxes and FSB are similar.  They have a certain way of doing things and that's OK, I'm just happy to have a place where many talented DIY pedal builders gather and share information.

Finally, if someone wanted to be enterprising, they could create a searchable webpage of their own with project information, building FAQs, documentation, links to this site, etc.  One sticky thing with the project documentation is schematics.  We can not post someone else's schematic without the author's consent.  So it would be up to someone (perhaps several people) to create these schematics from scratch and release them with some sort of GNU-style copyright.

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

Marbles
Hey Man,

Thanks. I don't feel attacked :)
Just liked the suggestion of putting it here, but you gave arguments why not to do it. And I understand and respect that.

I share every sentiment that's posted by everyone about being grateful, and want to make clear I was not criticizing, just giving my opinion of how it might be even better.

I will now run away from this thread, since I'm the only one of the original people replying, which makes it look like I was giving criticism haha.

Re: So is tagboardeffects.com still, umm -in effect?

Mulekicker
A big YES to what Travis said.
12