Soldano X88R preamp

Re: Soldano X88R preamp

ibanez48
How do you come up with the power supply I see you used to 100 ohm resistors. Is there a certain way you have to design a power supply when converting tubes to jfets thanks.

Re: Soldano X88R preamp

Willybomb
Built this one up (RevD), works great (once I put SMD pcb adapted J201s in - the through hole ones I had sounded pretty bad - it sounded just like the demo).

The treble works in reverse, although my 470p seems to be dead (or wrong) and I have to run Treble1  straight off the Source (or after the 47k, either works) on the last jfet to get any sound.

Definitely getting boxed.  Might pair it with something else in the box, not sure what though, but I will be doing it was a dual channel.  Heaps quieter than my Dr Boogie pcb.
12