Soldering Wand question

M. Spencer
I have to replace the 75W soldering iron wand/pen for my soldering station. It is a 5-pin female connection. I found what appears to be the replacement wand on a specialty electeonic store's site for about $25 with shipping.
I also a 50w wand with the correct looking 5 pin adapter on ebay for about $7. What would be the negative consequences of using a wand rated 25 watts less than the correct one?

Re: Soldering Wand question

strassercaster
its worth a shot. It could melt and start a fire but doubtful. I would try it and keep close watch on it . maybe plug it in outside on concrete let run 10-20 ours make sure its really safe . you can get some really awesome soldering stations on ebay for about 40 bucks with shipping .I just spent 35 on one that has heat gun on oneside digital display for temp its really nice

Re: Soldering Wand question

strassercaster
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-862D-2in1-SMD-Soldering-Iron-Hot-Air-Rework-Station-Desoldering-Repair-/282415848077?hash=item41c14bda8d corection it was 38. I got it 7 months ago its been great. I did buy a 10 pc set of dif tips for 8 bucks as well under 50 bucks and Im set for a long time and it heats up quick

Re: Soldering Wand question

M. Spencer
I might end up picking up one of those if I survive the replacement wand, thanks for the tip!