Sometimes, is good not to buy in China...

Sometimes, is good not to buy in China...

JaviCAP
Administrator
... as you can get some nice prices at home and not waiting two weeks :)

The price of the 2N5457 is really great, and the TL062 is cool too. I think they don't sell international, but if someone's interested, let me know, and we can do some arangement for sure.

BR

Re: Sometimes, is good not to buy in China...

alex.s
Those are some great prices indeed!

I like to pop to a fairly local store every now and again (cricklewoodelectronics.com for those who are UK or indeed London based), prices are reasonable and only takes about an hour and half rather than 2 weeks..! :)

Then again, their prices are ok but nowhere near as cheap as the ones you got there! Just checked for comparison and their 4046s are 40p, tl062 50p and the 2n5457 90p, quite a difference! Not sure what an interruptor palanca mini is, guessing some kind of miniature switch?

It's pretty mental how a huge city like London doesn't actually offer much choice at all in terms of physical stores, I wouldn't mind spending a little bit more to buy locally.

Re: Sometimes, is good not to buy in China...

JaviCAP
Administrator
Hi Alex,

Yes, "interruptor de palanca mini 2x1" is a mini toggle switch SPDT On-ON, not cheap this one but still reasonable.

I like too to buy locally, but some components are nearly imposible to get here, or the price is pure madness. A friend from Jaén (a medium city in south Spain) was asked 40 euro for a single 2N3819!! (not a joke) telling him that this trannie is a "very old and hard to get transistor".

Conectrol is the 2nd biggest electronic components store in Madrid, and for what the owner has told me, he uses to stock huge amounts of everything, that may take years to be sold, but that he doesn't raise up prices until the full stock is out, so for the 2N5457  prices are  from "about year 1998-1999".

Same with axial electrolithic caps, he's longing to get rid of this kind of cap, and prices are a pure bargain (between 2 an 30 cents / piece depending on values).

Only problem is that you have to spend an hour and a half in local transport, an surely another hour in the store waiting for your turn :P

BR

Re: Sometimes, is good not to buy in China...

alex.s
JaviCAP wrote
Hi Alex,

Yes, "interruptor de palanca mini 2x1" is a mini toggle switch SPDT On-ON, not cheap this one but still reasonable.

I like too to buy locally, but some components are nearly imposible to get here, or the price is pure madness. A friend from Jaén (a medium city in south Spain) was asked 40 euro for a single 2N3819!! (not a joke) telling him that this trannie is a "very old and hard to get transistor".
Eeeeek!!

Conectrol is the 2nd biggest electronic components store in Madrid, and for what the owner has told me, he uses to stock huge amounts of everything, that may take years to be sold, but that he doesn't raise up prices until the full stock is out, so for the 2N5457  prices are  from "about year 1998-1999".
That would explain the prices, though it's great how they don't sell 1990s stock for today's prices, which they easily could.

Same with axial electrolithic caps, he's longing to get rid of this kind of cap, and prices are a pure bargain (between 2 an 30 cents / piece depending on values).
Again, another bargain! Never found particularly cheap axial caps and always stuck to cheap and common radials (though I might be guilty of having never looked around enough here).

Only problem is that you have to spend an hour and a half in local transport, an surely another hour in the store waiting for your turn :P

BR
Other way round for me, it never takes me too long in the store (in fact I've been told I can call to place the order and go and pick up a couple of hours later), but getting around London is not always quick, especially when your best bet is the Overground...! :)

Re: Sometimes, is good not to buy in China...

You should have bought every 2N5457 in the shop at that price, you won't be able to get them that cheap for much longer

Re: Sometimes, is good not to buy in China...

JaviCAP
Administrator
You're right, I'll be back on next week to get 100 or 200 pieces, I supose I'll get some good quads out ot these :P

Any other recommendation to stock if I get good a good price?

BR

Re: Sometimes, is good not to buy in China...

Transistors, JFETs, Mosfets are the biggest worry for me so they're the ones I'd go a bit mad with.  I never want to have no option but to pay ridiculous over inflated individual prices, or go surface mount!

Re: Sometimes, is good not to buy in China...

Ross
I envy you. The only electronics shop in my town has absolutely heartbreaking prices. $2 for a single BC108 substitute, 16mm pots are $3.50 each (and forget about any weird types like reverse log), JFETs are $2 each.... and the real killer.... 40 pin SIP sockets are 5 for $6. The only thing they're good for is vero, wire, and solder.

Re: Sometimes, is good not to buy in China...

jtn191
All I have is Radioshack...aka R*peshack