Sources for Boss CE-5 style "double pot"?

Sources for Boss CE-5 style "double pot"?

helveticat
I sold my CE-5 a while ago and the only thing I really miss about it is its cool double "filter" pot. You can kind of see it on the far right in this pic:

The inner part of the knob turns independently of the outer collar, and they control an HPF and LPF. So it's kind of like a dual pot only you can control the two parts separately.

This seems to me to be a nice way to do something like a coarse/fine split for a modulation control. But I have no idea whether pots like this are available, or indeed what term to search for.

Anybody seen 'em for sale?

Re: Sources for Boss CE-5 style "double pot"?

Zanius
Yeah, they are called "concentric" pots. I've seen them around, never used them though. Note that you'll also need a concentric knob to use them. They are cool but unless you want them for a repair better avoid them. They cost like ten times what you would pay for 2 normal pots, maybe more.

Re: Sources for Boss CE-5 style "double pot"?

Re: Sources for Boss CE-5 style "double pot"?

helveticat
Thanks folks -- "concentric" was the word I was missing. And yes, at those prices it's not likely to be worth it... I'm a sucker for an unusual fixture though...