Space and Time Reverb

Ciaran Haslett
Found this while researching designs for my own verb circuit....a fantastic sounding reverb with a PT2399 based pre-delay by Sam Hay on DIYSB (thread here).  It uses the v2 brick and Sam designed it around the Long version but I see no reason why it wouldn't work just as well with the med/short.

The schematic called for 2 TL072s but I opted to use 1 TL084 for space reasons.  It might all fit in a 125B.  This is the buffered with tails version so wire up you In/Out jacks direct to the board.  To add a status LED, use a 3PDT and wire up the LED in the usual way.

Space and Time Reverb

Re: Space and Time Reverb

Mark SL
I attempted this one last night. It doesn't pass any signal when engaged. I'll go through the schematis and double check the layout. I went back and wired it for true bypass and it still didn't work.

Re: Space and Time Reverb

Ciaran Haslett
Sorry to hear Mark.  I'll go over it all again in the next hour and report back

Re: Space and Time Reverb

Ciaran Haslett
Found 2 errors that I don't think will make a difference...

Bridge the cut at Pin 3 of opamp. It should have a 1M to vref
Move the top leg of the 100K at output to one row below its bottom leg.  Its currently on the wrong side of the 1K at output.
Ground Pins 2 and 4 on the brick.  I forgot to add a note

Can you post some pics and voltages when you get a chance?

Corrected Layout

Re: Space and Time Reverb

notnews
This circuit looks cool.. I'd love to hear a demo on guitar if anyone building this is capable.
Thanks for your contributions guys! =)

Re: Space and Time Reverb

Mark SL
Still no good fyi.

Re: Space and Time Reverb

Ciaran Haslett
Nightmare lad!  I've been over and over this and I can't spot any more mistakes.

Can one of the masters here give it a going over?  I hate the thought of someone wasting money/parts on a bum layout I made.

I'd build it myself but I don't have a v2 brick

Re: Space and Time Reverb

Alex
Hi Ciaran.
The layout matches the schematic.

Re: Space and Time Reverb

Ciaran Haslett
Thanks very much Alex.  I've been going mad over this one.   Maybe post Pics Mark?  Or try swapping the TL084 for another ", or 074?

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 Feb 2016, at 14:05, Alex80 [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Ciaran.
The layout matches the schematic.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Space-and-Time-Reverb-tp27388p27841.html
To unsubscribe from Space and Time Reverb, click here.
NAML