Spaceman Effects Gemini III

anders
A great sounding fuzz with a cool circuit traced by Dino T. Vero is verified. MP20B for PNP Germs and a MP38A for the NPN Germ. As for the silicon side I haven't decided which ones to use. Right now I have three metal can 2N2222's but I will socket a bunch other transistors in the next couple of days.

Schematic

Vero

Re: Spaceman Effects Gemini III

BetterOffShred
Spaceman loves those transformers!  Mouser has them cheap, like $1.20 Usd so that's kind of handy.  Any idea on the hfe ranges for those AC128 and 176? I have some but the 128's have a fairly wide range on them.  Also, any other comments on the Silicon side? I've enjoyed 2N2222A's in a few fuzzes like the Ritual, what else have you tried Anders? Thanks for the layout.  This one went on the list!

-Brett

Re: Spaceman Effects Gemini III

anders
Well, I wasn't to impressed with my crappy Tungsram AC128's and AC176's so I settled with  a couple of russian MP20B for Q1 hfe 80 and GT402B for Q2 with Hfe 105. I haven't decided which NPN Germ to use. I have a MP38A in the socket right now with a Hfe of 95 and it sounds good if a bit dark. My higher gain GT404's leaks to much to function properly in this curcuit.

As for the silicon side, Dino T have already done all the footwork over at DIYSB and I followed his suggestions as three 2N2222's didn't really cut the mustard.. A low gain NPN with a Hfe of around 65 for Q4. I went with a metal can 2N2369A. Metal can 2N2222A for Q5 with Hfe 200 and another 2N2222A for Q6 with Hfe 245.

And to complete the mojo puzzle I wen't with a 2N2428 for Q7 but any medium gain NPN silicon
 can be used here.

Cool man, good information all around there.  I am going to build these spaceman layouts as soon as I get some parts!  I'll have to measure out some useful transistors in advance! Thanks again!
-Brett

Re: Spaceman Effects Gemini III

BetterOffShred
Well I ordered a Laika board and a Harvey Dent board, so I'm going to get pots and stuff for this guy at the same time.   I have some AC128's and some 176's.. so I'm hoping that will be ok.  No 2N3700, but I do have some metal can 2369's that should be the same gain range..  I'll follow the tips :) thanks again Anders! and Dino!

Re: Spaceman Effects Gemini III

Hozy31
What a great fuzz! Used MP20Bs for PNPs (Hfe ~ 80), a MP11A for NPN (Hfe ~90) and three metal can 2N2222As. Sounds great. May need to buy more high gain germs though as mine all seem to be below 100 as the good ones have been used up.
Thanks anders and obviously the man Dino over at The Hen's Tooth Cafe!
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Spaceman Effects Gemini III

BetterOffShred
Finally built this one.  It sounds great.  I need to play around a little more with the transistors but the MP20B's are winning for sure.  I currently only have AC176's for NPN's.. but they are pretty high gain and leakage.. still sounds good.  Metal can 2N2222a's and I'll try a few others, but .. it does sound good

Re: Spaceman Effects Gemini III

PMowdes

I should have some PCBs available for this in the new year if anyone is interested.

Re: Spaceman Effects Gemini III

PMowdes

Re: Spaceman Effects Gemini III

Tesla
How much for the PCB’s
Exodus Effects

Re: Spaceman Effects Gemini III

Re: Spaceman Effects Gemini III

Ben_S
Love this one!  Has anyone tried doing a Gemini IV?