Spaceman titan 2

Bonehead1972

Hi guys,
I am not sure if it's ok to post a schematic from another  forum..if not-pls delete it.

So I built  the spaceman  titan 2 based on this layout.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Spaceman-Effects-Titan-II-td45088.html

It sounds very good, but gets an oscillation  at last 10-20% on fuzz knob. It's still unboxed and the battery wires are a bit long.
I wonder whether  its oscillating due to the layout... looks (to me) that the input cap (33nF) sits suspiciously close to the out in this layout. Or may be you can spot other reasons for the problem.
Any help would be appreciated!
 Thanks

Re: Spaceman titan 2

The input being right next to the output is not ideal. Maybe clean any flux away with alcohol to reduce the chance of coupling them together

I noticed Dino mentioned using transistors under 190hfe. Did you measure your transistors or make substitutions?

Re: Spaceman titan 2

Bonehead1972
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I have read this suggestion.  All trannies are below 200hfe.
Q1 167
Q2 176
Q3 190