Speaker Cranker volume

mim#1
Hi folks, first forum post here and I need some advice.
I've built a couple of these guys, what a cool compact layout! However both of them are just too loud with the pot all the way down.
I tried changing from a 5k to 1k volume pot but that didn't lower the output noticeably. What component would I change to lower the output volume a bit?

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.cz/2014/03/earthquaker-devices-speaker-cranker.html

Re: Speaker Cranker volume

The More pot controls the gain of the stage but not the output level.  If you want more control of the output add a little volume trimmer daughterboard, set it to the level you want and then just tuck it away somewhere in the box.  You can see it at the bottom of the Offboard page

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.cz/2012/02/offboard-wiring.html

Re: Speaker Cranker volume

mim#1
Ok, thanks 4 the reply! I was hoping there was an on-board component as its in a 1590A box, but I should be able to get a trim pot board in there somewhere.
Also, great idea on the pcb mount pot daughter boards! I'm always screwing those up trying to solder wires to them. Why didn't I think of that?

Re: Speaker Cranker volume

mim#1
Thanks! The micro-volume board works great and fits on the side of the 3pdt switch in a 1590A!

Re: Speaker Cranker volume

Nice one