Spitfire Metal'n'Blues Pedal from DIY stompboxes request

Spitfire Metal'n'Blues Pedal from DIY stompboxes request

canadyj
I'm new to the request side of guitar FX layouts, but I think this would be a pretty cool layout:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7464107/SPITFIREV3.jpg

I've read through the thread on DIYstompboxes but I haven't seen a working link to a layout, unless I missed something (definitely a good chance at that.)

Anyways, I just think the schematic linked above would be cool as a stripboard layout!  Thanks!

Re: Spitfire Metal'n'Blues Pedal from DIY stompboxes request

johnk
I drew one up for it today.
I haven't built it yet, so it's not verified, but i'm 99.9% sure that it matches the posted schematic:

Re: Spitfire Metal'n'Blues Pedal from DIY stompboxes request

Luke51411
I built this up today and it works great!

Re: Spitfire Metal'n'Blues Pedal from DIY stompboxes request

Sounds like an awesome pedal, and great to see the layout verified too. I found on youtube this, which seems to be a modified version. Would be nice to figure out how to do something similar with the layout.

Re: Spitfire Metal'n'Blues Pedal from DIY stompboxes request

Luke51411
Yeah this pedal rips! From the little amount of time I was able to play with it, it seems very versatile too. I will be working on getting it boxed up this weekend! The pedal in the youtube video is his V1 build I believe. He had a couple more switches on the first one. The schematic is on the first page of the thread at DIYSB http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=94608.0

Re: Spitfire Metal'n'Blues Pedal from DIY stompboxes request

Luke51411
I don't know if there is a vero created but it probably wouldn't be too hard to mod this version of the vero to accommodate the other options.

Re: Spitfire Metal'n'Blues Pedal from DIY stompboxes request

Luke51411
I think all you would have to do is add a spst switch connecting the 1uf electro to ground for the sustain/boost cut switch to ground. Then for the blues/funk switch you need spdt on/off/on switch from the 6th row up on the far left to the center of the switch with a 1 nf and 4.7nf on the outside lugs of the switch to ground.

Re: Spitfire Metal'n'Blues Pedal from DIY stompboxes request

johnk
here's a vero layout with all three switches:

Re: Spitfire Metal'n'Blues Pedal from DIY stompboxes request

Luke51411
This may be a stupid question... Is there a reason to use a dpdt on/off/on for the blues/funk/hi cut switch instead of using a spdt that connects the selected cap to ground? (Other than board real estate)

Re: Spitfire Metal'n'Blues Pedal from DIY stompboxes request

johnk
the on/off/on is so you will have 3 different tones. you can use an SPDT as long as you connect one side of each cap to ground.