Stepping Stone Overdrive

Freppo
This post was updated on .
Another original creation :)
Nothing fancy, it's a basic overdrive. But i'm very happy how it turned out.
I'm especially happy with the name.

stepping stone overdrive schematic

Layout (verified)
stepping stone layout

Sound samples

I hope you like it :)
cheers
/ Fredrik
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Stepping Stone Overdrive

mirosol
Administrator
Thanks Freppo for sharing your designs here!

Been planning on trying the Dogboy out, but haven't got around to it yet, This one looks interesting as well.
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Stepping Stone Overdrive

Mike B.
I'm building this one soon, but I noticed an older layout in another thread with 3 clipping diodes, and see that there are only 2 of them here.  Would it be worth it to put the diodes on a switch and have both options available?  I'm looking forward to this one.

Thanks!
--Mike

Re: Stepping Stone Overdrive

Freppo
Cool Mike :)

I think the clipping difference is very subtle, but it would be easy to put them on a switch. Maybe put a couple of leds on one side and the stock diodes on one side for more of a difference.

I listened to it again the other day, and thought is sounded just a tad thin compared to what I remembered, so if I'm building it again I would probably play around with larger values for C1 and C3, so I suggest socketing those and experiment :)

Good luck
cheers / Freppo
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se