Stereo overdrive. How?

nonost
Hi!

I want to build a stereo overdrive. I want it to,at least, keep the stereo from pedals that go before in signal chain. I know I can do that with double boards and a 4PDT switch. But, is there anything I can do to create stereo by itself? Some kind of "space" the overdrive could add. I know it is quite natural coming from delays, reverbs, phasers, etc...And just wondering what it is the approach with overdrives. I'm think about something related with the phase signal but I'm just thinking out loud.

Cheers!

Re: Stereo overdrive. How?

Are you talking about splitting the signal before the overdrive so that you have a clean output and an overdrive output? Or basically two individual overdrives that share an input but have separate outputs? Single overdrive two dirty outputs?

I would recommend this circuit to do the splitting. I’ve used it several times now and it’s so dead simple and predictable.

https://paulinthelab.blogspot.com/2012/04/buffered-y-splitter-veroboard.html?m=1

Re: Stereo overdrive. How?

nonost
Hi Travis! Nope. Two inputs and two outputs. The inputs are stereo from modulation effects. So I have to duplicate the circuit and share dual pots.

I've found this interesting topic:

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Stereo-Overdrive-for-Synth-td34080.html

I would like to follow the approach cylens suggests. I would need to do the next operations:

1) L+R
2) L-R

3)(L-R)/2
4)(L-R)/2

It doesn't look too involve to me, but that's beyond my knowledge. Anyone who could help?

I found this:

from https://www.gearslutz.com/board/geekslutz-forum/1208536-l-r-mid-side-wiring.html

The above circuits it's supposed to do the L+R and L-R but I don't know if it is suitable for guitars. I would really appreciate if someone could verify this. In that case the (L+R) / 2 and (L-R) / 2 would be the remaining operations.

Thank you guys.