Stereo pedal switcher?

lordradish
Hey, folks, an unusual request (only because I'm unable to find a solution that doesn't involve a product that has more and costs way more than I need). I have a 10 pedal pedalboard. It's currently set up as a mono pedalboard. I have an Eventide H9 in there, which has a great pre-post feature, so I can, depending on the effect chosen on it, have it come after or before my delay and mod pedals. Unfortunately, the H9 feature only works in mono. I've recently upgraded to several stereo pedals. What I'd like to know if there's a pedal that can essentially move the H9 to the front or back of the series of pedals, in stereo (the H9 also has stereo capability).

So, like this (stereo)  H9 ---- Strymon Mobius --- Strymon Dig --- Strymon El Capistan --- out to amp, in stereo

CLICK!!!!!  ----      Strymon Mobius --- Strymon Dig ---  Strymon El Capistan --- H9 ---- out to amp, in stereo

I've asked around, nobody seems to be able to do something like this. Anyone?

Re: Stereo pedal switcher?

I'm a little brain dead at work right now but I don't think you're gonna be able to do that with any passive switching system. You'll most likely need to use two switches or make a relay system

Re: Stereo pedal switcher?

lordradish

That's what I was afraid of. Out of my league, for sure. THanks.

On 7/20/2016 2:15 PM, Travis [via Guitar FX Layouts] wrote:
I'm a little brain dead at work right now but I don't think you're gonna be able to do that with any passive switching system. You'll most likely need to use two switches or make a relay system

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Stereo-pedal-switcher-tp32111p32112.html
To unsubscribe from Stereo pedal switcher?, click here.
NAML

Re: Stereo pedal switcher?

lordradish
I did find this... would someone here be able to make a layout for a stereo one? I'm still a noob.
http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/juggler/juggler.htm

Re: Stereo pedal switcher?

Those all look mono to me. Do you need LEDs? If not you can use two 3PDTs. If you need LEDs you need two 4PDTs

Re: Stereo pedal switcher?

lordradish

LED's would be good.

On 7/20/2016 7:25 PM, Travis [via Guitar FX Layouts] wrote:
Those all look mono to me. Do you need LEDs? If not you can use two 3PDTs. If you need LEDs you need two 4PDTs

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Stereo-pedal-switcher-tp32111p32118.html
To unsubscribe from Stereo pedal switcher?, click here.
NAML

Re: Stereo pedal switcher?

Here ya go. You're going to have to do this whole thing twice for stereo. Each LED anode needs a current limiting resistor to the + voltage supply

Re: Stereo pedal switcher?

lordradish
Whoa, this is like Christmas. Here come the stupid noob questions, as I'm a bit confused.

Are those all just 1/4 jacks on the top? The ground goes through all 4?

What kind of switch?

So, essentially, you're saying just do two of these?

Is there a way I could do these with TRS jacks to save space?

I'm a bit confused as to how the pedal chain would fit into all of these.

Re: Stereo pedal switcher?

I misunderstood your OP. The link that you posted (and layout that I based off of it) will not do what you are asking. The link that you posted just flips the order of two pedals, it doesn't relocate them in the chain.

I could draw up a looper for you to do what you want. The way I can figure you can do this (in stereo), you will need two 4PDT footswitches and 16 jacks. So get ready to get a big ass box, a bunch of jacks, and a bunch of cables if you wanna do this

Re: Stereo pedal switcher?

Regarding your question about using TRS cables, that depends on the other pedals you are using. If they use TRS cables then it's no problem.

If they have two inputs and two outputs, you would need an adapter (several) to split one TRS into two TS

Re: Stereo pedal switcher?

lordradish
Let me think about it, a bit, I'm still trying to figure out if it makes sense for me at this venture, to go stereo right now. I might just get another H9 to stick on the other end of the chain. This, from everyone I've chatted with, thus far, seems to be more difficult than it would initially seem. Thanks.