Stereo vs. Mono jacks

lunchie
I am about to start building some pedals, however I am confused when it comes to what jacks to use for my input and output. For example, my first build is going to be a Cornish Buffer. I assume that since there is no switch then its mono in and mono out?

Re: Stereo vs. Mono jacks

jtn191
the only times you should use stereo is if: it's a stereo effect or you plan to use a battery and want to use a clever way of switching the battery on/off to save it while not in use.

Mono everywhere, except w/ battery, which tends to be stereo input jack

Re: Stereo vs. Mono jacks

lunchie
Thank you