Stocking up

Re: Stocking up

GoranP
alex.s wrote
Not strictly appropriate as what you're after is suggestions on the kind of components (diodes, ICs etc) rather than values, but I saw this article a while ago and thought it was quite interesting.
Alex that's exactly the info I need! Naturally my sphere of interest may skew the needs somewhat but it's a very good starting point.

Thanks for the article, good stuff!

Re: Stocking up

toddvirgil
Mark, is there a difference between the BC550C and the BC550B? Shopping at Tayda, and all they have are the B... sorry if this is a dumb question ;)

Re: Stocking up

B is 200-450 hfe, C is 420-800.
You can get C's from here for peanuts though:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310163008896

Re: Stocking up

Ross
Just shot them an email, I pray they ship to the US.... I made the mistake of ordering a boatload of BC550Bs from Tayda, they're good low-noise transistors, but don't have that oomph that a higher gain transistor would have in a Big Muff.
12