Suhr Riot Fixed

motterpaul
We have three versions of the Suhr Riot here. I just built the "fixed" one but it sounds way too dark with my Les Paul. I can see it might be good with a Strat but it really isn't even in the ballpark with other overdrives for clarity of tone.

Has anyone tried comparing the different versions here to see which one is possibly brighter than the "fixed" one? I can see some caps I could try taking out, but I generally prefer to make sure I get a good circuit before I start modify ones as they are written here.

Re: Suhr Riot Fixed

try lowering the input and output caps. that will lower the amount of bass that enters and leaves the effect. i would start with the input cap and see what happens.