Sunn Buzz model SB-1G

boratto
The Sunn Buzz model SB-1G is a high performance distortion device, compactly designed and constructed of lightweight shock resistant plastic.

Housing a complete three-stage transistor circuit, the SB-1G plugs directly into the instrument. Convenient control placement permist a variety of tone and volume settings during a performance.

More than 21000 guitar effects pedals from more than 3600 brands:
http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/sunn/buzz

Re: Sunn Buzz model SB-1G

Neil mcNasty
Try this one:

I changed the 2uf caps to 2.2uf, since that's what we got these days...
+ I added a 100uf power-filter cap (only needed if you are going to run it off a power-supply)

Re: Sunn Buzz model SB-1G

anders
Cool! Must build this one too.
I guess a voltage divider is the way to go due to the 1,5V. How does it works?

Re: Sunn Buzz model SB-1G

boratto
Thank you Neil!

Re: Sunn Buzz model SB-1G

I may have missed something, but shouldn't volume 3 go to ground? As it's connected now it connects to a resistor that connects to the input cap and bass of q1.

Re: Sunn Buzz model SB-1G

Neil mcNasty
Look again rocket88!
There is a trace cut underneath the 220k resistor.
The Volume3/Output goes from q3 collector via 2.2nf cap and should always connect to lug 3.
If you connect to lug 1, you will reverse the pot and get silence when turning it all the way clockwise...

As far as I can tell, there should not be any errors in this layout, except that I mislabeled the Volume pot, it should be labeled "Gain" as in the schematic...

Neil

Re: Sunn Buzz model SB-1G

Blah. You are correct sir. I didn't see the cut under the resistor. Now that I see it, I agree. It looks perfect to me.

Re: Sunn Buzz model SB-1G

Silver Blues
Are those transistors germanium?

Re: Sunn Buzz model SB-1G

Re: Sunn Buzz model SB-1G

Silver Blues
Interesting. Place I got my last big haul from has a bunch that look like this, guy suspected they were Ge but perhaps not (or maybe they are, who knows). I recall them having yellow dots on them...?

I guess I'll have to go see.