Super Simple Blend circuit

Re: Super Simple Blend circuit

johnk
the reason that it doesn't work with a keeley (or other ross style comps) is because those comps put the input signal out of phase with the original signal. if you add a low noise unity gain, single stage buffer to the output of the comp to put the signal back in phase, and then run it into your blend circuit, it'll work fine.

Re: Super Simple Blend circuit

kragg
Thank you for the layout.
I have built it, and tried to put it on an Univox SuperFuzz.
It somewhat works, but the behaviour is not optimal : I can't manage to get a smooth crossfade.
- The DRY signal is audible only when the mix pot is at minimum;
- On most of the pot rotation, i can hear a volume drop, and then on the last quarter it acts as a WET level.

I have tried with 2N5457, 2N5458, BF245... and it all behaved the same.
Is there any way to get a more regular crossfade, and less volume drop ?
Would changing the pot value something to try (right now it is 50Klin, as suggested in the schematic)?
Or maybe a resistor value to tweak ?
12