"Super Timmy" Op-Amp Question

SeaWitch
Hey All,

If I were to build a Super Timmy, and I wanted to run it with 24V or even 30V input, what op-amp would you recommend?

It seems like maybe I'm confined to 18V with any Timmy compatible op-amps, but I'm not sure...I don't have enough knowledge about these dual op amps.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for me!

Re: "Super Timmy" Op-Amp Question

SeaWitch
OK...I may be getting a little confused between "supply voltage" and "input voltage".

Seems like the LM1458 would work well, however I'm getting mixed information regarding max voltage it can handle.

At Mouser:
The LM1458 has a Max Supply Voltage of 36V

The TI Data Sheet:
Supply Voltage
LM1458 ±18V

Differential Input Voltage ±30V
Input Voltage (5) ±15V

Can anyone help clear this up for me?

Re: "Super Timmy" Op-Amp Question

The LM1458 can handle 36V with a zero volt negative rail, or +/-18V with a bipolar supply.  Basically you have a 36 volt swing.  So for 24 or 30V it should be ok in the Timmy circuit.  Just make sure your caps are rated appropriately.

Re: "Super Timmy" Op-Amp Question

SeaWitch
Perfect!  Thanks a million!

Re: "Super Timmy" Op-Amp Question