Swamp Thang - Popping when switching on and off

Swamp Thang - Popping when switching on and off

Dave Palermo
Hello, I already posted the same request in the comments below the layout. I hope thats not a problem.

I've build the Swamp Thang and it works plus it sounds great BUT when I switch it on I get a POP which is getting quieter the more I switch it on and off. Now, sometimes it goes away and sometimes it stays.

How could I fix it. I read thad the original sometimes has the same problem. Do I have to live with it?
I hope someone can help me because I'm very new to the building thing. What infos would you need from me?

Thanks!

Re: Swamp Thang - Popping when switching on and off

induction
It needs an output pulldown. Anything from 100k to 1M should be fine.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be room for it on the board, so you may have to put it on the switch. It should go from the lug attached to the 'Output' wire to any non-switched ground point.

Re: Swamp Thang - Popping when switching on and off

Dave Palermo
Thank you, it's gone!!
I've already tried it with pulldown resistors but I connected them to the switched ground. But thanks to you it's fixed. And I learnd something!
At first I tried a 1M but that pulled the signal-level down. Now I've settled with 450k.

Thanks again!