Switchable 9/18/24 v charge pump

Getomonk
Hi

I have just completed a Hudson Broadcast (which is just awsome!!!). It comes in a 9 volt and a 24 volt version and I opted for the 9 volt version, because I have an external voltage doubler and like the flexibility.

Messing around with the Broadcast, I have been switching back and forth between 9 and 8 volts. Both have qualities I really like. That got me thinking. Is it possible to build a charge pump that can toggle between 9, 18 and 24 volts using a three position toggle switch?

I think it would make a really cool addition to the Broadcast (and probably a lot of other pedals)

Getomonk

Re: Switchable 9/18/24 v charge pump

Alex
This is pretty simple.
Voltages values won't be precise.
The 1054 will give you better results.
If you use a 7660s, remove the cut between pins 1 & 8.

Re: Switchable 9/18/24 v charge pump

Getomonk
Thanks Alex. That is really nice of you. I am not worried about precise voltages. Ballpark is excellent and I cannot wait to try it๐Ÿ˜†

Re: Switchable 9/18/24 v charge pump

As far as precise voltages, typically you don't get exactly the number, sometimes it's a little more or a little less. As long as it's close enough your good. Take for instance the mini model t i made. I have a board with a transformer that converts 120/220VAC to 24VDC. I don't get 24VDC on the dot, it actually reads out 24.52VDC. If I was getting something like 20VDC it would be a problem.

Re: Switchable 9/18/24 v charge pump

Sphere80
I just built this with a 1054 and get 27 volts. It will be for a Dr. Boogie.

Re: Switchable 9/18/24 v charge pump

Getomonk
The doubler I built from Harald sabro gives me 9.42 and 16.74 volts It certainly makes an audible difference to the clarity and headroom, like it a lot.