Swollen Pickle Voltages

squirrels
Hey everyone, I built up a Swollen Pickle and it can’t be right. It’s very gated and when the sustain pot is at anything besides dimed it doesn’t sound right. My voltages are as follows:

Q1:
C:4.36v
B:0.56v
E:0.02v

Q2:
C:2.44v
B:0.66v
E:0.04v

Q3:
C:4.32v
B:0.63v
E:0.02

Q4:
C:3.85v
B:1.32v
E:0.80

Q2 collector definitely seems off to me and I’ve rebuilt the board twice. I’m using four 2N3904s right now and have an MPQ3904 on the way. I’ve tried other transistors with no change. Anyone have any experience with this one? Thanks.

Re: Swollen Pickle Voltages

squirrels
I replaced the 100nf cap that connects the base of Q2 to Q3 and now I have 3.77 volts at the collector of Q2. It still seems low but it sounds much better. I reused the caps from the first and second builds so I figured it had something to do with the caps. Also the 1uf in Q3’s feedback loop should be 100nf according to the schematic. Also the 10k from sustain 1 should be 1k but it’s too low a minimum setting.