Synthbox octave down

Freppo
Here's a layout for Synthbox, a very nice octave down.
It's based on Joe Davisson's Shocktave.

I built it today so it's verified.

I found the schematic in a very long thread discussing the original Shocktave.
It's basically a bunch of mods put together to make it cleaner and track better.
It's a great improvement on the original and more "synthy" sounding.
It tracks really well except the high e-string which doesn't always register.

I will make a demo when I have finished boxing it.

Cheers
/ Fredrik
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Synthbox octave down

Freppo
Forgot to post the bare board. Lots of cuts and links on this one.
But the actual build came out very tidy looking, just a bit crowded. :)
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Synthbox octave down

Really great layout.  You're really coming up with some fantastic ones now

Re: Synthbox octave down

Freppo
Thanks Mark! :)
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Synthbox octave down

johnk
i built this one yesterday and I can attest that it works as described, and it tracks pretty well too, even with a bass. thanks for posting it.