T-Rex Replicator (real tape delay)

Tune Tone
how far are we from getting this one cracked. As well as getting parts to build it... ?
just wondering..
have a good year and a merry Christmas !

The T-Rex Replicator

Re: T-Rex Replicator (real tape delay)

notnews
With actual proprietary tape inside the unit, this is one of the more impossible projects for this forum. I can't imagine a way to transpose this circuit and all of the mechanical features to stripboard.

Re: T-Rex Replicator (real tape delay)

Neil mcNasty
To put Tape Delay in a perspective:
Here is a DIY version of a Tape Delay, using a modified 8-track tape recorder:
https://youtu.be/A2iTJRDD-T8
As you can see it is mainly mechanics involved...

Here is the schematic of the Roland Space Echo:
(As you can see, it is quite a complicated and huge circuit...)

Re: T-Rex Replicator (real tape delay)

Neil mcNasty
Tape Delay using an old Reel to Reel tape recorder:
https://youtu.be/oNUT8nuTLms

Here is a cool way of using several tape machines in order to create delay and modulation effects:
https://youtu.be/GTe3Gy8uff8

Re: T-Rex Replicator (real tape delay)

skeletonghost
I came across this project which uses a tape player/recorder to produce a tape delay effect http://proto-schlock.blogspot.ca/2015/04/echo-matic-diy-tape-delay.html There is also the Sagan delay project that simulates the Roland Space Echo using pt2399s