TAD Range King

Casey_Pittman
This post was updated on .
This one didn't show up in a search so I thought it would be a good one to do my first layout with.

Schematic used came from an FSB thread. I'm gonna try it out some time this week but if anyone gets to it before me please share your results.  Also, any comments or pointers for the layout chime in please.

Thanks,
Casey

EDIT: Removed old layout

Re: TAD Range King

aelling
A couple error I see is R1 should go to ground, and R7 value isn't on the bill of material and I also only see 1 jumper.

Re: TAD Range King

Casey_Pittman
Thanks! I actually just got around to testing this then i saw your post about the errors. No wonder it didn't work right, LOL!  Here's an updated layout with corrections.

Re: TAD Range King

peterinio
Hey Casey!

I gave it a go yesterday, great layout and a pretty easy build.

I tried it with my Orange MicroTerror, certainly not the amp that it fits best. Regardless, the boost works perfectly and it does produce distortion, albeit on the trebly side with the balls knob all the way clockwise. It is awesome for clean tones as well, give them a bit more punch, kinda makes them more lively.

Cheers!