TC Spark Mini

MikaelEA
I would like to implement the TC Spark Mini "PrimeTime" toggle switch to some of my projects. I can't find such schematics anywhere and I'm a bit to inexperienced in electronics to figure it out myself. A layout for this would be wonderful!

Re: TC Spark Mini

Senor Avocado
Hey MikaelEA,

There is a project on FSB that is almost exactly what you are looking for! I have not tried it out myself but another forum member, SilverBlues had posted a vero layout later in that thread and had success with it. He had mentioned however that he hadn't dabbled in the "Primetime" part of the code though. It does require programming a micro-controller with an arduino so that in itself is a little bit of a challenge, but all of the code is there. Eventually i will try this project out!

http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24589

Re: TC Spark Mini

BassVD
Coda effects just wrote a blog post about this today. http://www.coda-effects.com/2017/02/relay-bypass-final-code.html

It involves programming a micro-controller, but everything is explained. He uses a switch to choose either the normal switching mode, or the temporary one. Seems pretty dope and could be a funky addition to any pedal, in my opinion.

Re: TC Spark Mini

Silver Blues
Yep Avocado has it right, the system works very well and I have no doubts the PrimeTime will work equally well. If you've seen my soft latch guide I also have a link there that explains how to program the microcontrollers, it's relatively easy and not that expensive.

Re: TC Spark Mini

MikaelEA
Thanks guys! Great help. :-)