TL072 Splitter - 4 Way Question

SeaWitch
Hey all.

I'm looking to build a 4 way splitter (1 input, 4 outputs) so I can take a single signal and have 4 separate outputs of that same signal.

I like the looks of this op amp layout, but I'm unsure how to add 2 more outputs.

Anyone out there have any suggestions?  Thanks!

Re: TL072 Splitter - 4 Way Question

induction
Simplest: make two boards and tie the inputs together.

Bonus points for putting both boards on one strip of vero. (You only have to connect V+ and ground once.)

Edit: I'd also add some power filtering.

Re: TL072 Splitter - 4 Way Question

SeaWitch
Thanks!  Is the power filtering for protection, or for balanced signal output?

Something like this looks like it'll work, yeah?

Re: TL072 Splitter - 4 Way Question

Zanius
I was recently looking into splitting signal to buffers, that page has a great deal of info.
I am set that a jfet buffer is more appropriate for that function.
There is also a Vero design for splitting to 3 outputs which can be easily modified to add more.

Check it out! http://www.muzique.com/lab/splitter.htm

Re: TL072 Splitter - 4 Way Question

SeaWitch
YES!  Exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you!

Re: TL072 Splitter - 4 Way Question

The diode is for protection.

The filter is a first order low pass filter:

So you need to add large electros to ground from the top row. 100u is pretty standard.

I don't think jfets are more appropriate than op-amps for buffers or splitters, but jfet splitters work fine too, with slightly lower output than the op-amp version. There is no power filtering or protection on that linked vero either, so you could add it the same way.