TLC2272 vs TLC272C

motterpaul
Anyone know the differences between these two chips, I have the TLC272, will it work where the TLC2272 is specified?

Re: TLC2272 vs TLC272C

Frank_NH
I think the TLC2272 is just a newer version of the TLC272:

The TLC2272/4 also makes great upgrades to the TLC272/4 or TS272/4 in standard designs. They offer increased output dynamic range, lower noise voltage, and lower input offset voltage. This enhanced feature set allows them to be used in a wider range of applications.

http://www.ti.com/product/TLC2272

Re: TLC2272 vs TLC272C

motterpaul
Thanks, Frank... I must have ordered the older version by mistake - one of those eBay deals. That 2272 is what the Thunderbird Equalizer calls for (something quiet & clean).

Or I might try something completely different (OP275 maybe)