TS808 to TS9 switch.

tonecut
Am I correct that I need a DPDT On-On mini toggle switch in order to swap between the two sets of resistors that make the difference between a TS808 and TS9?

It looks like an SPDT would only let me switch between 1 set of resistors, not two.

Just wanting to double check before I bork this up. :)

Re: TS808 to TS9 switch.

Vince
Hi tonecut,

Funny enough, I made that today. Yes, two DPDT switches to switch between resistors. Be warned, It makes such a little difference that I ditched the switches and stuck with a standard 808.

The only difference I could hear was a VERY slight, perceived treble increase which I could of done by nudging my amps treble control. The ts9 with diode switch is a more worthwhile build.

This of course is just my opinion.

Good luck :)

Re: TS808 to TS9 switch.

tonecut
Thanks for the reply, Vince!

I think I'm still going to give it a try, though you mentioned two DPDT switches...can it not be done with only one switch? Seems like I've seen that done. I was figuring a DPDT would be able to switch both sets vs using an SPDT.

Re: TS808 to TS9 switch.

tonecut
Just found my answer: http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/Switches/

Looks like it can be done with one switch!

Re: TS808 to TS9 switch.

Vince
Cool, I know what you mean, you have try these things out for yourself.. everyone's ear is different etc.