TS808 with clipping switch, lower output.

TS808 with clipping switch, lower output.

varaso95
Hello friends that's my first post here and I've got a problem with my ts808 clone, as it needs to crank all the way up the level control to give just a little amount of boost while unity volume is over 3 o'clock with drive at about 11. I played a TS9 at my local music store and it boosted, with the volume knob cranked way more than my pedal, huge difference. I've been searching all over the internet for an answer and still haven't find it. I've used 2x 2SC1815  and then I replaced them with 2x 2N5088, minding the different orientations and I had no change. I also use JRC4558D chip Nichicon XY caps, Elna electrolytics, 2 tantalums minding again the orientation. For diodes I used 2x 1N914s and 2x Bat41 ( just for experiment) instead of LEDs. My voltages are:
with a 9.6V battery
IC: 1. 4.77  2.  4.9  3.  4.68  4.  0  5.  4.76  6.  4.77  7.  4.77  8.  9.6
Q1 C 9.6 B 2.92  E  3.6
Q2 C 9.6  B 2.9  E 3.6

I can also sent pictures if anyone wants to take a look. I really want to make this work because that's deffinitely the sound for my strat. I'll appreciate so much anyone who will bother helping me, thanks in advance and sorry for any grammar mistakes I've made.  Billy..

Re: TS808 with clipping switch, lower output.

motterpaul
Did you use one of the layouts from this site, or a PCB. Pictures or more information would be helpful.

Chances are that you misplaced a component, or swapped some resistors. It is impossible for us to tell without seeing what you are trying to do, and seeing what you have done.

Re: TS808 with clipping switch, lower output.

varaso95
I used the layout from this site and visited all the others for possible answers. I've measured my resistors and all of them are fine, I'll post some photos, to let you see my work and hopefully try to find any error.. Thanks!

Re: TS808 with clipping switch, lower output.

varaso95

Re: TS808 with clipping switch, lower output.

varaso95

Re: TS808 with clipping switch, lower output.

varaso95

Re: TS808 with clipping switch, lower output.

varaso95
Try to open the photos in a new tab, it'll make the work easier !!

Re: TS808 with clipping switch, lower output.

lasermonkey
I think you have a resistor value wrong. The 10K that's to the left of that red box poly 1uF cap (and goes from ground at the bottom to the second row from the top- it should be a 100k. I think it's shunting some of the output signal to ground.
Give that a try and see how you get on.