TS9 without output buffer

Guzz
I was just wondering, is a TS9 without the output buffer louder than a stock TS9 ?

I built the TS9 layout here and I need more output, would removing the output buffer help, or should I remove it and add something like an LPB1 instead as well ?

Thanks.

Re: TS9 without output buffer

Frank_NH
There will be a slight increase in output but nothing big (a good buffer is designed not to significantly reduce the signal amplitude).   If you want a lot more output, you can try tacking on a simple transistor gain stage where the buffer is.  There’s probably a OD design out there that does this.