Tagboard Effects Doom Bloom Summary

music6000
Hi
   I built this with BC549C's and found it a bit dark for my tastes. I swapped them out and put MPSA18's in & I like it way better. I found with Bloom knob set to Maximum with BC549C's & MPSA18's, I was getting an annoying background throbbing sound and squealing. I removed the 100k resistor going to the Collector of Q2 transistor & through experimenting with a 100k potentiometer with lead wires, I dialled it to where it removed background noise & Squeal.
I removed the temporary 100k pot & it measured 27.56k, Put a 27k resistor where the 100k resistor once sat & it sounds great at Maximum Bloom with no loss of Sustain & no Throbbing or Squealing.
I also put the optional resistor between Bloom1 & Emitter of Q2 which sets minimum Bloom so there is no volume drop off, I used 680ohm.
YMMV
It sounds Great!

Thanks Fella's for Layout & Help

Regards music6000