Tap Tempo for Delay/PT2399

Neil mcNasty
Check it out:
Perf & PCB Layouts has recently posted a perf/pcb layout, for adding Tap Tempo with the Taptation IC for PT2399 based Delays.
Here is the link: http://effectslayouts.blogspot.no/2016/09/taptation.html

Re: Tap Tempo for Delay/PT2399

M. Spencer
This one's a bit more compact, but the one Mark posted on this site had more options.

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/03/pt2399-tap-tempo-daughterboard.html

Has anyone tried both? Opinions?

Re: Tap Tempo for Delay/PT2399

Stymie13
if you read all the comments on the PCB Layouts site it seems as though there's some unresolved issues with the taptation chips. Anyone have more experience?

Re: Tap Tempo for Delay/PT2399

Boba7
I used the tagboard layout in a build and it works great!

I had to go through a few PT2399s to get them to sync with the taptation circuit. Tayda ones mostly didn't sync well (faster or slower than the tapped tempo)

Re: Tap Tempo for Delay/PT2399

Neil mcNasty
Cool!
Seems like you have found the reason for the issues that people report about as well...
Been working on an expanded version of the DeProfundus Delay and this will be a great addition.