Tataylino Simple DI Box 2N5486 Substitute

Tataylino Simple DI Box 2N5486 Substitute

JabboWookie
I'm building this simple Active DI into the same box as the DSM Omnicabsim clone I'm building so I can add an XLR out. The circuit calls for a 2N5486 which I don't have, but I'm assuming any N-Channel JFET should work here? I have a few 2N5457, 2N5458, 2N5484, 2N5485, J201, and MPF102's in the parts bin, would any one of these work?

Also, does my layout look ok? It's a pretty simple circuit.

Here's the schematic:

And here's my layout:

Re: Tataylino Simple DI Box 2N5486 Substitute

GrooveChampion
A quick google search resulted in the answer that an MPF102 will do.

Re: Tataylino Simple DI Box 2N5486 Substitute

JabboWookie
GrooveChampion wrote
A quick google search resulted in the answer that an MPF102 will do.
I Asked Jeeves and Lycos and not much info came up. I did Google an equivalent JFET but I wasn't sure what would work well in the circuit.

Thanks!

Re: Tataylino Simple DI Box 2N5486 Substitute

GrooveChampion
If anything I should thank you for this circuit

Re: Tataylino Simple DI Box 2N5486 Substitute

Blackboarcult

Re: Tataylino Simple DI Box 2N5486 Substitute

JabboWookie
Link saved, thanks!