Tayda heads up

Dave
I might be over dramatising this so please bare that in mind. Just over a week ago  I ordered a bunch of parts from tayda, about $54 worth including shipping. Anyway, on all previous orders about 8 days after ordering i have received the parcel no problem, today i found a card from the royal mail asking for £11.26 for customs charges, this included an £8 handling charge!!! This has never happened to me before, Tayda always put low values on the parcels, if they have stopped doing this then that may be my last order from them. Anyway, like i said, this might just be an isolated case but I thought I'd let you chaps know just in case.
Thanks
Dave

Re: Tayda heads up

ichilton
Ouch!

The handling charge makes me mad every time! - I mean, an £8 charge on a £3 fee - argh?!?!?

What did the value on the package say?

Ian

Re: Tayda heads up

smoss469
Customs charges are a joke. I don't think the US has them (thankfully).

Re: Tayda heads up

Dave
$25 don the package, I've ordered about5 times from Tayda and it's never happened before.
Thanks
Dave

Re: Tayda heads up

JaviCAP
In Spain, if you have no luck and your parcel gets seized by customs, you'll be sent a pretty bill including:

-VAT based on declared value of the parcel. If the value doesn't fit what they think, they ask you for the charge on your card or bank account.

-VAT based on the shippin' charges they fancy. If they say that this shippin' costs are 30 euros, no matter what you say, tell or show. There will be vat on these 30 euros.

- A wonderful "handling" charge of 15 euros + VAT.

Luckily, is not usual  to get a parcel under 2kg seized (but can happen). The only time I've had a small parcel seized by customs, was a fisheye objective purchased in the states. For a $150 item included shippin' I had to pay 36 euros to customs.

BR

Re: Tayda heads up

Kost1978
Italian experience with Tayda here:
30$ value on the package, had to pay 10.21€ for customs...
But at least the delivery was quite quick, it really surprised me:
placed the order on the 11th of March (more than 500 parts...), shipped on the 13th and received on the 28th!

P.

Re: Tayda heads up

GoranP
@Javi: same here. If the customs get their paws on the shipment, all you can do is bend over and whistle...

However, the weight limit seems to be about half a kilo or 50eur value at which point all packages become highly suspicious.

Re: Tayda heads up

smoss469
My order shipped today, hopefully it arrives without trouble. I don't think the US has a customs charge or duty or anything like that. I've received several packages from China over the past year and never had any fees or nonsense.

Re: Tayda heads up

frooshontay
I'm in the US, and I believe all of my Tayda orders have been shipped from some place in Colorado, and they usually arrive within a week or so.

Re: Tayda heads up

Geezer
smoss469 wrote
Customs charges are a joke. I don't think the US has them (thankfully).