Tech 21 character series

hundl5401
I am needing a pedal similar to the Tech 21 sans amp. I like the "Blonde" character series. I was wondering if I could build my own sans amp using one of the "pre-amp" circuits and the "wambler tweed '57" circuit. Would this amp my signal to where I could plug directly into a sound system instead of miking my amp? I understand miking is better but it is just not possible in my situation.

Re: Tech 21 character series

LettucePrey
the character series pedals are excellent! I own 5 of them. I too am curious if it'd be possible to build.

Re: Tech 21 character series

Jon the Art Guy
Can you give us gut shots of them, Lettuce?

There's some really good, arguably better in fact, amp sims floating around on here as well. The Tech21 ones are nice for sure, and I like the ease of finding demos of them.

Re: Tech 21 character series

hundl5401
When you say amp sims, I'm assuming you are talking about the emulators on this site? Would I need to add a preamp circuit to the amp emulator to do functionally what the tech 21 pedals do?

Re: Tech 21 character series

Jon the Art Guy
nah, the amp sims pretty much just need a cab sim like the Bulldog or the Condor that M&IvI are laying out, then into a loudmaker like a P.A. or guitar amp on clean. The Character series may also have a speaker sim built into them; pretty much plug an play.