Tesseract Reverb

gul

Tesseract Reverb

gul
Missed out on the group buy for these PCB's. It would be great if someone had time to do a vero layout for it.

All of Chris' build docs (including the Tesseract) are here (schematics included):

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7QeV_7r70dTUjdzWXBtdUF1aUU

Re: Tesseract Reverb

Zanius
This post was updated on .
Definitely not an easy project, I hope I marked everything needed. I found out after finishing the board that the "chaos control" should be a trimmer, but I don't currently have the clarity to continue editing. Any pair of eyes for crosschecking are more than welcome

***Updated-again***
***Re-updated November 23 2019***

Re: Tesseract Reverb

Emil
Alright, looks good :).

I had a look and found some things though:

The 1uf on IC1 pin 1 and 2 should have its positive side connected to both these pins, and its negative side to Tails 2. Currently it's connected positive side to pin 1 and negative to pin 2 and Tails 2.

Note that Tone 3 connects to BTDR 5

R21 (connected to the 100nf on Feedback 2) is currently 20k but should be 15k

BTDR 3 is mentioned twice. The one on the right is BTDR 1 I think.

Re: Tesseract Reverb

Zanius
Good catches!
Layout updated.
gul

Re: Tesseract Reverb

gul
Awesome! Great job. Thanks for your time and energy making the layout.

Re: Tesseract Reverb

Zanius
Updated-again, I think description and all connections are now mentioned.
Now let's see if anyone will give it a go :)

Re: Tesseract Reverb

velouriafx
I built this, but it did not work. Neither did the clean signal work. Has anyone checked the layout yet? Thank you for your work.

Re: Tesseract Reverb

velouriafx
I am newbie building layouts, but I think the resistor between pin 6 and 7 of IC1 is 10k instead of 33k and the resistor in the bottom row is 22k instead of 1k. But that's probably not what keeps it from working. This caught on a quick comparison between the schematic and the layout.

Re: Tesseract Reverb

Ciaran Haslett
IC1 Pin 6 is currently grounded.  Needs a cut anywhere between the 4n7 and 100n caps

Re: Tesseract Reverb

velouriafx
I did the cut suggested by Ciaran and now I have some sound, but quite distorted and uncontrolled. Tails footswitch is not working and apparently only the delay works and not the Reverb

Re: Tesseract Reverb

velouriafx
With few adjustments, you can mark as verified. Lacking a cut in the top row between the two resistors and the cut mentioned by Ciaran. The Resistor in the bottom row is 22k instead of 1k and the 33k resistor on pin 7 of IC1 is 10k. I fried my first Belton, but after those adjustments and the Belton trade, it worked beautifully. Maybe it's my favorite Reverb.

Re: Tesseract Reverb

traktop
This post was updated on .
I´ve watching the only video I found, and this is great. What is that, a gain control for the reverb? With that feature and the predelay this is definitely a step above from other projects.
Does this colour the original tone or is transparent?
Cheers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfq_oOQauw8

Re: Tesseract Reverb

velouriafx
I built a little modified version a few times.
Here is a video of mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqWc88eKOHQ

Re: Tesseract Reverb

Zanius
Hey guys, sorry, lost track on this one, I stumbled upon it again while looking for a reverb to build, so I found the diylc file and made the corrections you mentioned. Updating the layout on the first post.

I still won't mark it "verified" until someone says so :)