The Arcadiator - PWM Fuzz

Re: The Arcadiator - PWM Fuzz

Freppo
A B250 is fine. :) I'm building a bunch of arcadiators, and it's actually what i'm using.
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: The Arcadiator - PWM Fuzz

Kinski
thanks!

Re: The Arcadiator - PWM Fuzz

Juppstein
For completeness I'll repost this here from the Parasit Studio blog because it helped me fixing my vero build of the Arcadiator:

In case you have some noisy pulsating bleedthrough on your vero Arcadiator try to replace the top left 10k resistor to something in the 20k-33k range. At least for me it fixed the bleedthrough.

http://www.parasitstudio.se/building-blog/the-arcadiator

Thanks again to Freppo for the hint.

Re: The Arcadiator - PWM Fuzz

Kinski
Ok, i seem to be having trouble with my build. I'm using the vero layout. Some things work and some dont.

Just to be sure, the DPDT octave switch is numbered:

1 4
2 5
3 6

Right?

I just went over and triple checked my wiring, component placement, and values. I didnt see anything wrong.

Re: The Arcadiator - PWM Fuzz

Kinski
and im using:

CD4069UBE
CD4024BE
CD4070BE

Re: The Arcadiator - PWM Fuzz

Kinski
Got it to work. I had left one pin of an IC unsoldered.
What a crazy pedal. Sounds mad!

Re: The Arcadiator - PWM Fuzz

Freppo
Glad to hear you got it working! :)

I've been too busy to reply earlier today. In the middle of a recording-session.

/ Fredrik
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: The Arcadiator - PWM Fuzz

Kinski
Thanks Freppo! Its really an awesome circuit! I posted some build photos in the "guts" thread just now if you are interested.

Re: The Arcadiator - PWM Fuzz

Juppstein
uhm, afaik a dpdt pin layout would be

1 2
3 4
5 6

no?

Re: The Arcadiator - PWM Fuzz

Freppo
No, the correct dpdt pinout should be:

1 4
2 5
3 6

cheers / Fredrik
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: The Arcadiator - PWM Fuzz

johnk
I ordered the PCB from rullywow and built it. it works great. I also added a relayed true bypass in mine.
thanks for designing it Fredrik!

Re: The Arcadiator - PWM Fuzz

Freppo
Nice job John, i'm honored! That's a super clean etch :)
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: The Arcadiator - PWM Fuzz

icziko
Hi Freppo,
First of all, thank You for sharing great work You desgin!
Version 2.0 suppose gate the LFO ticking when LFO is ON and guitar signal is absent. However I still get LFO ticking (Rate LED diode blinks as well) when LFO is ON and guitar signal is absent. Is it normal behaviour of 2.0 version? I use vero version on tagboard. I checked cold solder and bridges and this is eliminated.
What can cause unproper gate of LFO?
12