The BYOC amp selector, the MAX1044 and transformers

The BYOC amp selector, the MAX1044 and transformers

GrooveChampion

So I want to build this, BADLY. Thing is that the MAX1044 was no where to be found and all I have is the 7660, I know its inferior, but I can substitute them?

And how much do the transformers, the type that is. There were no 1:1/10K:10K transformers in my area. The only thing I've found was a 1:1/600:600 transformer, and it had 7 lugs instead of five, but from what I understand only the outer 4 are used. It was for about the same price as the 42TL018.

Re: The BYOC amp selector, the MAX1044 and transformers

Sensei Tim

Re: The BYOC amp selector, the MAX1044 and transformers

Neil mcNasty
You can use 7660S instead of the MAX1044.
No problem!

You need 10K:10K transformers!
The 600:600 are for microphones and will not function as intended.

Re: The BYOC amp selector, the MAX1044 and transformers

GrooveChampion
Thanks Neil! I can always count on you.

I will order the parts ASAP.

Re: The BYOC amp selector, the MAX1044 and transformers

Dex3887
Btw there's a seller on eBay that has the tm018 on sale for cheaper than mouser and lower shipping ($6 total)http://www.ebay.com/itm/310774880714

Re: The BYOC amp selector, the MAX1044 and transformers

GrooveChampion
I am honestly willing to pay extra for faster delivery times.

Also, will any 1:1 10k:10k transformer do?