The Thundering Mantis Fuzz

Freppo
Hi folks,

Here's a new one - The Thundering Mantis Octave Fuzz.

It's a simple one-knob fuzz with both one octave down and one octave up, for very synthy and glitchy sounds. Nothing super special, but I figured out how to create both octave up and down using the CD4007 (which I haven't seen anyone do before) so I figured that I had to make a DIY project out of it. :)

Verified vero layout:
https://www.parasitstudio.se/uploads/2/4/4/9/2449159/thunderingmantisvero.png

More info, PCB, build document, schematic ect. avaliable at
www.parasitstudio.se

I hope you like it. :)
Cheers / Fredrik, Parasit Studio
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: The Thundering Mantis Fuzz

PMowdes

Great work dude (as always)

Re: The Thundering Mantis Fuzz

Freppo
PMowdes wrote
Great work dude (as always)
Thank you.
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: The Thundering Mantis Fuzz

Addy Bart
And a great demo too!

Re: The Thundering Mantis Fuzz

Shaggy45
awesome. I've built the theremin fuzz and the corrupter. Will add this one to the list.

Re: The Thundering Mantis Fuzz

Freppo
Addy Bart wrote
And a great demo too!
Thank you. :)
I'm a big fan of 70's kung fu movies.

Shaggy45 wrote
awesome. I've built the theremin fuzz and the corrupter. Will add this one to the list.
Cool, cheers. :)

BTW, if anyone has pictures to share of any Parasit Studio build, please do!
It's for the DIY Gallery at https://www.parasitstudio.se/diy-gallery.html
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: The Thundering Mantis Fuzz

Shaggy45
my 4007s came in today so i was able to finish this one. Kinda fudged the decal. thanks Fredrik!

here is a pic:

http://nconspicuous.com/uploads/tmf.JPG

Re: The Thundering Mantis Fuzz

Freppo
Shaggy45 wrote
my 4007s came in today so i was able to finish this one. Kinda fudged the decal. thanks Fredrik!

here is a pic:

http://nconspicuous.com/uploads/tmf.JPG
Thank you! Very cool build. What kind of decal are you using?
It looks so thick (in a good way) and sharp. :)

What do you think of the Thunder Mantis?
I know that it's pretty much a one trick pony...
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: The Thundering Mantis Fuzz

Shaggy45
Freppo wrote
Thank you! Very cool build. What kind of decal are you using?
It looks so thick (in a good way) and sharp. :)

What do you think of the Thunder Mantis?
I know that it's pretty much a one trick pony...
Just using some vinyl sticker paper i got off amazon. My plan is to start epoxying them, but i'm impatient and don't like to wait lol. The one great thing about the vinyl is i can make the artwork and drill the box etc in one day. It doesn't lift up like waterslide decals do when you drill them sometimes and i don't have to wait for a clear coat to dry. I've built like 8 pedals in the past week.

I'm digging the mantis. The glitchyness reminds me of my old oc-2. I made it for my friend i jam with so i haven't heard it on guitar yet. have you tried it in front of a envelope filter? with a bass its crazy synthyness.